Ficando em Curitiba

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Quem inventou a distância não sabia o que era a saudade..

Camila in the Taxi on the way to teach the workshop....we we're excited as you can tell!
Hahaha, I liked my title of my blog today, I'm not homesick at the moment mas acontece de vez em quando. Okay I wont be the annoying person that speaks two languages in the same sentence, so thats the end of that. Today was a good day, we got up at like 9 and had breakfast, then we studied for a bit and went and got lunch around noon. What I thought would be a harmless purchase turned into me buying some new sandals, a jacket, a pair of earings and a new necklace. All this cost me only 30 bucks, I love shopping for things in Brazil, when there are sales anyway.
Camila teaching our group of about 40 people.
After that we came back to the hotel and took naps, then got ready to go teach our workshop. Today was a good day with them too, the people here are really funny and friendly, so its nice teaching people so excited about things, not as much work for me and Camila. We have a guy in our class that is blind, so I've been trying to think of ways to help him feel like he is participating more. Since we work out of a workbook and write things on the board mostly he isnt able to see the things we are talking about. But today I tried to explain how to do things step by step and give examples so he could understand what we are doing. Then someone writes things down for him and helps him to memorize it. Lots of the people are new members that we are teaching, and he is one of them. What an example of dedication he has, he could have easily said "oh well they arent catering to my needs, this is a waste of my time." but no, he stayed.Me getting in some exercise today, by jumping on the bed..."three little monkeys jumping on the bed....one fell off and bumped his head..."

Tomorrow is the last day of the class, and I'll be sad to leave the people here. They really are so nice and fun. But that is life huh, people come and go...but it was great to meet them all! Well I am going to go now, its almost midnight and we are still waiting on our dinner, hopefully it will get here soon! I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow, I will be spending it doing who knows what for dinner...maybe I'll get a turkey sandwich at subway hahaha. Goodnight to all!Look how heavenly I look hahaha, eyes closed and all. My attempt at a toe-touch after 5 years, not too shabby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home