Ficando em Curitiba

Friday, November 24, 2006

Terra do boi gordo

O famoso "boi gordo"
Hello to all from Aracatuba, Sao Paulo! Getting here was a funny little story. Our bus left the station at around 6 am, so we were sitting there waiting for it for a bit, but I didnt mind, you know why? Because I got to watch the sunrise over the little city of londrina and watched as it came up over the feilds of grass and trees that lay beyond the city. It was the most beautiful thing I had seen in a long time, a really vivid color of pink and purple. Maybe I should get up to see that more often. When our bus left I fell asleep almost immediately and slept for about an hour. Then I woke up to it being like 90 degrees inside my bus. Turns out the air conditioning had broken and the air it was blowing through the vents was the hot air from outside turned even hotter by running past the engine. The bus ride was another 5 hours after that happened. I was so happy to get into our hotel room and turn on the air conditioning!You can see aracatuba on this map, its in the western part of the state kinda near some water...i think its a river

The class that we started teaching today is a group of 20 people, most of them are unemployed, but some are already working and came just to see what the class is all about. They are a good group of people, and I was surprised how i wasnt as tired as i should have been while i was teaching, it was a little miracle for me today. After we finished teaching one of the councelors in the stake presidency and his wife took us back to our hotel. They have 2 adorable little kids, and I was holding one in my arms as he was sleeping while i listened to their four year old tell me lots of stories about random things...she was so cute. They are just a cute family and it was nice to see such kindess between the mom and her kids, the president and his wife, and also with him and his children.The flag of the city. Is it just me or does it look backwards?

The city that we are staying in is relatively small, but it is nice. Most of it is farming around here, especially cows...that is where i got the name for my blog, it means land of the fat bull, and it is the towns slogan here. The hotel we are in is really nice, it reminds me of one i stayed at in ubatuba over the summer...just laid back, the resturant is open late, has chill people at the front desk, and everyone is super nice. I hope we get a chance tomorrow to take a look around here, it looks pretty chic, it even has its own hair salon here.

Well tomorrow we are teaching until 1 pm, and then after that i am going to be doing homework and reading for my internship paper. I hope that everyone has a good night and a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home