Ficando em Curitiba

Saturday, December 02, 2006

dois dias de bagunca!

The fireworks that the city set off last night to mark the beginning of the Christmas season.
It is already 7 pm, and we have done nothing but homework and write talks today. I wrote I think about 4 papers today and sent them to my portuguese teacher, and I still have two more to write tonight. Then maybe I'll start on the two history papers i need to do. Good thing its only 8:15 pm!
Tomorrow evening we are giving our fireside to the stake here about the employment services centers and the welfare department of the church. We have 1 hour between the two of us, which means....we are going to speak for about 10 minutes each, and then do an activity from the employment workshop with them. Before this we are going to be giving a vocational test for the youth and anyone else who wants to take it. Can I just say that getting up if front of an entire stake and giving a talk in portuguese is not my idea of fun? But oh well, they asked us to so I don't really get a choice in the matter. I'll just be glad when its done. I have nothing against giving talks except for the fact that it freaks me out and makes me really nervous. I think I'm going to take a public speaking class when I get back to BYU.

Yesterday we just went and bought my new luggage at the expensive french store, there was no choice. But at least it will last awhile so it was a good investment. Then we dropped of the luggage and went to eat lunch at this place that has amazing cake. Good thing we are leaving on monday otherwise I would soon gain back all the weight i've lost here! Today I was going to order mc donalds to eat for the first time in like 5 months, but the number didnt work, maybe that was a good thing:) Then we watched batman begins on my computer, well camila did...I fell asleep in the first 20 minutes.
We took these from our hotel room window. Mom, thats what you were hearing while I was talking to you!
Tomorrow is the fireside and the vocational test, we still dont know where we are going to go for church, but we'll figure it out this evening. Then on monday we travel from here to sao paulo for a layover, and then from there back to curitiba. It is crazy to think that I am going back to the US in less than two weeks, that means I have lots to do between now and the 14th. I have about 8 papers to write, finish my research for my internship paper, teach the last workshop, find one more christmas present, transfer my field journal into word, and do three things for me. thing one: get my hair done. What I am doing is going to be a surprise...curious right? 2. buy the jeans i wanted 2 months ago but didnt fit. 3. buy the perfume that I wanted and saved up money to buy. I would be using this money to buy some winter clothes seeing as how I will be arriving in rainy northern california with summer clothes and 2 sweatshirts, but obviously winter clothes arent for sale here right now. Oh well...I'll figure out something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home